Seven Lagosians who were caught plying BRT lanes ,were ordered to cut grass on the football field of the Ministry of Youth and Social Development remand home,Oregun. The defaulters were arraigned at the Special Offences Court at Alausa and were sentenced to one hour community service in addition to payment of traffic fine. They defaulters are:
1. Kimi Egbekun (34) – Toyota RAV 4 – LSD 318 DJ,
2. Daniel Chimmezie (24) – Toyota Hilux – KTU 780 BR,
3. Sodiq Musa (50) – Toyota Corolla – FG 688 A42,
4. Felemi Moses (41) – Mitsubishi L200 – AKD 132 XD
5. Idris Olewale (22) – KIA Pregio – SMK 33 XL,
6. Obasi Emeka (42) – Toyota Camry – LND 186 DB,
7. Bucky Olapade (40) – VW Golf – CH 225 APP
They were apprehended on Tuesday, 21st of April, 2014 inside the BRT corridor at Anthony area of Lagos State by LASTMA officials around 9am. They all pleaded guilty to the count charge of BRT violation and admitted they regularly plyed the BRT lanes in order to meet deadlines or beat traffic gridlocks .
Kimi Egbekun however maintained that he was caught on his first attempt. The offenders while showing remorse for their actions,said they were humbled by the punishment and urgedother motorists to avoid the use of the corridor or face the wrath of law.
A very good way to punish offenders … what do you think?