Hip-Hop Mogul, Dr. Dre, Detained By Police On Fire Arms Allegation


According to TMZ, Dre had taken out a cell phone to film the driver yelling at him, and the driver had shouted, 'Here we go again, another black guy with a gun'

American Rapper and producer, Dr. Dre, was detained by the Police, placed in handcuffs and issued a citation outside his Malibu home following a confrontation with a man. According to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, Deputies say they were called to the home of Andre Young, aka Dr. Dre, on Pacific Coast Highway at about 11:15 a.m. yesterday regarding an allegation of a man brandishing a firearm. 

Multi-talented: Dre, 51, continues to record and produce hip-hop and rap, and is developing a career as an actor and producer. He founded his own brand of headphones Beats By Dre which he sold to Apple for a rumored $3 billion in 2014

They said a man claimed Dr. Dre pointed a gun at him. According to him, he had stopped in front of Young’s home and was ordered to leave by Young, who had a handgun, according to a police release. Deputies put Young in handcuffs and placed him in the patrol car while they investigated the story.

Cuffed: Dr. Dre was patted down and placed in handcuffs after sheriff's deputies responded to a 911 call from someone claiming the music mogul had pulled a gun on him during a road rage incident in Malibu on Monday

The press release says Young was cooperative and consented to a search, and also denied all allegations regarding the gun. The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said a gun was however not found at the scene. When asked for his own side of the story, Young said the man was parked directly in front of his home blocking the driveway, and he asked him to leave.

Dre was seen speaking with deputies after he'd asked a driver blocking his driveway to move prompting the guy to start yelling at him and then claim Dre had a gun. Deputies did not find a weapon

Young told deputies that the man drove away, but returned and parked near the same location in front of his home. Young stated that he pulled out his cellphone to begin filming the man, but the man drove away. He also denied ever threatening the person.



Leave a Reply