Now, her family has officially responded with the video below. Her cousin, Habeeb recorded this video message on behalf of the family. In the video, he answered various questions which have been raised by the public.
– Mayowa herself decided to publish the first video on Instagram without her family’s knowledge
– The family confirms that the funds will be used only for Mayowa’s treatment and they still have hope despite the advanced stage of cancer
– Due to her weak state, rather than going to Emory as planned, Abu Dhabi is being considered
– They have been corresponding with a hospital in Abu Dhabi (NMC) now and have received a letter from them stating they are willing to accept Mayowa’s case
– The family had already spent over 10 Million Naira on Mayowa’s medical care prior to the online fundraising campaign
– The family is open to getting a trustee for the funds so they will not have access. They are calling on companies with this competence to get in touch.
– Emails evidence can illustrate their correspondence with Flying Doctors and NMC Abu Dhabi
– A visa application has also been filed
– The family understands that questions have been raised and are willing to answer any questions
– Habeeb confirms that #SaveMayowa is NOT a scam and they are willing to do anything to help their sister get help
– The family thanks Nigerians and encourages everyone to keep praying.
Mayowa’s sister also spoke out as she was interviewed. She denied the allegations as well. She also says her sister has been crying due to the allegations against her family.