You Need Permit To Host Parties In Lagos – Agege LG


What this means is that, as Lagos resident, each time you want to hold a social gathering such as birthday party, burial ceremony, wedding, and such like, you need a permit — the Merriment and Entertainment Permit — being issued by Agege Local Government Area as ratified by law.

The local government authority on Thursday confirmed that residents need to obtain the permit before they could legitimately hold social gathering.

The Area Officer, Iloro area of Agege, Mr. Badmus Nurudeen Olugbenga, confirmed that the local government issues the permit as needed.

Olugbenga said that residents who want to have a party are required to pay a total of N10,500 into the coffers of the local government, while the invoice would be raised in the office.

Mr. Olugbenga clarified that the permit was necessary for all social gatherings, whether they are held in private residences or at rented event centres. He was, however, clear that the council would not grant a permit for a party to be held on the road.

Leave a Reply