41-year-old man has been electrocuted at the University of Calabar, Calabar, Cross River State. The victim, Michael Enang Edu, a PHEDC worker was electrocuted while trying to restore power in the university with his colleagues last week.
According to reports, the deceased was trying to work on a faulty line when his colleagues inadvertently turned on the power that was earlier turned off. In the process, he was electrocuted from the high voltage shock and later died.
Dr. Joseph Ekpang, Chairman, Board of Media and Community Relations, University of Calabar, who confirmed he incident, said the man was electrocuted while trying to reconnect power which had been disconnected in error.
Late Edu is survived by two daughters and a pregnant wife.
He would be buried on Saturday, 15th September, 2018 in his home town, Atina-Adadama in Abi Local Government Area of Cross River State.