When it comes to beauty, and makeup in general, there are a lot of little decisions that can affect the major ones heavily. Something as little as the type of hair or even the ingredients in your skincare products can go really bad. That’s why it is important for you to always know what you use on your sensitive areas. Take eyelash glue for example. Extra care needs to be taken when it comes to putting adhesive close to your eyes.
To help you figure out the world of eyelash glue, we have a few pointers to help guide you. These tips will not only help you buy the best eyelash glue for your eyelashes but also the nitty-gritty details you should note.
Here’s what you should know about eyelash glue:
- When it comes to eyelash glue, it is never a one-size-fits-all situation. You have to consider the sensitivity of your eyes, how heavy the lashes are and even the material the eyelash is made of.
- Eyelash glues come in many types. There are brush-on applicators, tubes, strips, water-proof, clear, white, black, pigmented and even latex-free glues.
- Before you buy any eyelash glue, figure out if you are allergic to anything in the eyelash glue composition. If you’re allergic to latex, then go for the latex-free glue etc.
- Latex-free eyelash glue is great for sensitive eyes. The latex can be harsh on the eyes, so going for a latex-free glue will give you a much easier experience.
- If you know you tear up easily, stick with an eyelash glue that is waterproof. They don’t all withstand water, so check the label well before you buy.
- Make sure to shake your eyelash glue before using it. The temperature in the room you keep it in can affect the consistency of the glue. Shaking it will help it along to working as it should.
- Before you apply the lash glue on the band of the eyelash, check the substance on the back of your hand. if it looks weird or separated, try again and monitor it.
- Always clean the nozzle of the eyelash glue. After each application, there might be some transferred dirt on the nozzle. Cleaning with a wet wipe or dry tissue will go a long way in ensuring your eyes are safe.
- There are a few brands that you can trust, and we suggest sticking with them. Brands like DUO Waterproof Eyelash Glue, Ardell Lashgrip Eyelash Adhesive are always great choices.
We hope that with these points, we have helped you figure out what type of eyelash glue you want to buy. And if you’re stuck on how to apply false lashes, we have you covered. Check this out!
Featured image via Erin Yamagata for Refinery29