Hello lovelies, Happy New Year!!! So sorry it’s coming late. I took a break from all social media platforms to regroup and “restrategise” on future plans.
It’s so good to be back and sharing recipes again, I definitely missed the thrill of it, I also missed communicating with everyone one. I promise I’m not going anywhere again! Lol
I decided to make this recipe as my “comeback “ video because it was highly requested. I posted a picture of a BBQ Pizza I made on Instagram and the response was crazy! Everyone in the comments wanted a recipe, so I put it on my “to film” list. Then the break happened! But I wasn’t going to let y’all down, so I made this recipe priority and decided to put it out first with a little extra something to compensate you guys for staying away so long!
Not only am I showing you how to make BBQ Chicken Pizza, I’m also showing you how to make Pizza Dough and Pasta Sauce from scratch! I had to keep my promise and compensate you guys for staying away so long, lol!
Once you can make your Pizza Dough and Pasta Sauce from scratch, every other thing just follows. You can build your pizza to your preference. It’s fun all the way once you get the Dough and Sauce out of the way! This is one recipe that would be fun to make with kids.
I thoroughly enjoy making Pizza. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve made pizza for dinner in my house, pizza and chicken wings has quickly become a staple dinner dish on this side. It’s just so easy and quick to whip up and my family absolutely love it! So why not?
Try out this recipe and let me know how it went for you. You can switch it up, make a half and half pizza with your favorite toppings, you could use beef, bacon, sausages, mushrooms or pretty much anything you want, you still end up with something cheesy and extra savory!
1 Can Chopped Tomatoes
1 Clove of Garlic
2 Tbsp Oil
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Sugar
1/4 Tsp Dried Thyme
2 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
2 1/2 Tbsp Yeast
2 Tbsp Oil
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tsp Salt
1 Cup Warm Water
3 Tbsp Corn Meal
300g Mozarella Cheese
250g Boneless Chicken Breast (Cooked & Diced)
1/2 Cup BBQ Sauce
1 Med Green Pepper
1 Med Red Onion
- To make the pasta sauce ,blend the canned tomato paste and garlic until smooth.
- In a pan heat up some oil and add the tomato and garlic mix, keep stirring on low to medium heat.
- Add some salt, dried thyme and a bit of Sugar to balance out the acid in the tomatoes. Keep stirring till the sauce reduces, then you know its done. Set it aside.
- In a bowl, combine warm water with yeast and some sugar, leave for about 10 minutes to allow it proof.
- Add in some oil to the mixture, then add in the flour and some salt. Mix them altogether till the dough comes together. You can turn your dough on to your work surface to allow you knead the dough properly. Continue to knead, pull and press the dough till its nice and soft (make sure it isn’t too sticky or too dry).
- Sprinkle some corn meal on the pizza pan, Spread the dough around the pan, by pulling and pressing it. This is where you decide how thin or thick you want your crust. So if you want a thin crust, spread till its thin to cover the pan, and if you want a thick crust, don’t overly stretch the dough, so it can have some body and thickness to it. I used a thick crust in my recipe.
- Bake the dough in the oven at 220 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Bring out the dough from the oven after 10 minutes, then start to add the toppings immediately (you don’t need the dough to cool before adding toppings).
- First spread the pasta sauce you made earlier all over the dough, use as much or as little as you’d prefer.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on the pizza till it is fully covered (depends on how cheesy you want it)
- Add BBQ sauce to your already cooked and chopped chicken, mix till all chicken bits are covered in BBQ sauce. Then add on top of the pizza , make sure every corner is properly covered.
- Add in the sliced green peppers and red onions, spread all over the top of the pizza (you want every slice to carry every topping you have on your pizza, so bear that in mind when making yours).
- Finish off with some more sprinkle of cheese, just to add to the moisture on the toppings.
- Put the Pizza in the oven for 10 minutes to allow the cheese melt properly and for all the toppings to warm up with the pizza a little and your BBQ Chicken Pizza is ready.
- Enjoy with some chicken wings and a cold drink!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Serves: 8 Slices
Source: The Kitchen Muse