Family Escapes Death After House Was Set On Fire By Relative While Sleeping.

0

A lucky family escaped tragedy after their house was set ablaze while they were sleeping.

According to reports, in the early hours of Monday morning, Rebecca Zwane (44) and her three children woke up to suffocating smoke spreading through their bedroom in Soweto, South Africa.

It was gathered that if the woman hadn’t woken up and grabbed her three children they would probably have burnt to death.

Her neighbours, heard the screaming and broke down the door. Then they fought the flames with buckets of water and hosepipes.

When firefighters arrived, they managed to save a small part of the house. The fire which had spread to the kitchen had burned everything in the house.

It is alleged that while the mother and the three siblings were sleeping, a relative opened a hole in the roof and threw a petrol bomb into their bedroom.

Sipho Zwane, the suspect’s uncle, said cops were looking for the relative. 

He claimed the suspect had been terrorising the woman and her kids for some time. “We opened a case of arson at Diepkloof Police Station.”

Captain Phophi Matlou confirmed that a case of arson had been opened and that cops were looking for the suspect.

Leave a Reply