How ‘One Million Boys’ Killed Man During Elections In Ibadan. Graphic Photos


A 25-year-old man identified as Monsuru Hamzat, was killed during the presidential and national assembly elections last Saturday in Ibadan, Oyo state.

It was gathered that the deceased by a notorious gang in the area known as the ‘One million boys’ who stormed polling units 13 and 14 in Lako area and shot sporadically.

“We saw them from afar, they were youths armed with brand new guns. They told us they are One million boys; thus, their aim was to snatch ballot boxes and not to harm anybody. Subsequently, they snatched two ballot boxes in the two polling units,” he said.

“While everybody was running helter-skelter in order to save their dear live so they shot at Monsuru as they had mistakenly believed he was pursuing them because he ran almost to the same direction with them,” he added.

Another eyewitness accounted that, “the incident started around 3pm during the last Saturday’s elections. They were five youths shooting sporadically into the air so people fled for safety when they shot at Monsuru and nobody tried to disturb their operation. Even the deceased residence is far from the locale.

“The operation was carried out by one million boys and it was successful. They came through “Oju-odo” near the locale and such occurrence has never happened in the area until that day. Even the Ex-Deputy Governor of Oyo State, Taofeek Arapaja also witness the chaos. He fled for safety too like other people who witnessed the incident.

“Arapaja has paid a condolent visit to family of the deceased and there he showed his amazement on the shocking incident.” She said.

Also, the father of the late Monsuru, Wasiu Hamzat lamented that, people had finished voting in the polling unit and while the counting of votes was ongoing, those boys came through “Oju-odo”, shooting sporadically and his son was shot dead while people was running for safety.

“I was absent at home when the incident happened. I heard the news while enjoying myself at a relaxation joint and when I got to the scene of the incident I was shocked to see that the victim was my beloved son.” He said.

He added that, “Some sympathizers tried to rescue his son by rushing him to a nearby hospital but unfortunately, he died on his way to the hospital.

“My son was living at Olomi and he had just came to the area to exercise his franchise because he got his PVC at the polling unit. The state government should serve justice on those responsible for my son’s death. I leave the perpetrators for God’s judgment, though.”

Report has it that the deceased left behind a daughter .

Credit; Mr. Abiodun Adewale

Leave a Reply