Chicken Wrap is basically Grilled chicken, dressing and veggies wrapped in a Tortilla Wrap. This delicious wraps come together in less than 15 minutes if you already have everything prepped, so it makes a perfect snack, breakfast and even a quick lunch.
We all need a few easy recipes in our archives, this chicken wrap recipe happens to be one of those. I remember telling a friend that i was craving a sandwich and i was bored of the regular, bread, butter, bacon works, i needed something different. Then she told me about Tortilla wraps, it sounded familiar, but i wasn’t going to leave my Jollof rice and chicken to be looking for Tortilla wraps in the streets, lol.
She promised to get me some on her way from work. Lo and behold, she came in bearing a gift of Tortilla wraps and i really appreciated it. For breakfast the next morning, i made this particular grilled chicken wraps recipe for the fam with some leftover grilled chicken i had from the Jollof and chicken we had for lunch the previous day and everyone loved it and i personally was in heaven, it was truly the game changer sandwich i needed in my life.
My favorite thing about this recipe is that it’s so simple and healthy and it’s perfect for meal prepping, its that grab and go snack or meal and even works great for kids. It’s one of those where you can sub what you have left over from the night before and create a whole new meal for breakfast or lunch.
I particularly love this wrap because you can make it ahead and so its a big time saver!
You can add and remove what you want and what you don’t want from your wrap, its really up to you and your preference.
I’m hoping you’ll try it out and let me know your thoughts.
3 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
1/4 Tsp Salt
3 Tbsp Mayonnaise
1 Tsp Black Pepper
2 Tbsp Ketchup
1 Tbsp Honey
1-2 Tbsp Milk
3 Tortilla Wraps
2 Med Tomatoes (Chopped)
1 Cup Lettuce
350g Grilled Chicken
- Pour in Worcestershire Sauce in a bowl, some onion powder, curry powder, black pepper and some salt. Whisk them all together till its properly dissolved.
- Place the chicken breast in the sauce and make sure every inch of the chicken is covered in the sauce.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and allow to sit in the fridge for at least an hour (If you have the time).
- After marinating, grill the chicken on an open grill or in the oven for about 15 minutes on both sides. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then cut in thin strips.
- In a bowl, pour in mayonnaise, ketchup, some honey and some black pepper. Mix them altogether till its properly blended.
- Add some milk to thin out sauce (You can skip this if you like your sauce thick and you can add more milk if you’d prefer a thinner sauce). Mix the milk propely into the sauce and then set aside.
- Microwave Tortilla wraps for 30 seconds, then take a wrap and spread the sauce on the base, add sliced grilled chicken in the middle of the tortilla, then spread chopped tomatoes along the middle of the wrap, add some lettuce on top of the chicken and tomatoes as well. (Be careful not to over stuff the wrap to avoid difficulties when wrapping).
- Drizzle some of the sauce on top of the chicken,tomatoes and lettuce. (You can skip this step if you don’t like your wraps too juicy).
- If you want an open end chicken wrap, fold the end of the part on your right into itself, then continue to tightly roll the wrap in the direction away from you and that’s it. If you’d prefer a closed end wrap, just take in both ends (left and right) into itself, then tightly roll, wrap and properly tuck in the ends.
Prep Time: 1 Hour
Cook Time: 15 Mins
Total Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
Source: The Kitchen Muse